Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Can you see me know?


You may recognize the title of this as a play on words from the old Verizon commercials. Although this post isn't about cell phones the title is quite appropriate. Social networking is a place to be seen and heard by many people all at once. Social networking on sites like facebook and blogger are just ways to get people to hear or read what you have to say. Just like this post, I want someone to read what I have to say about social networking so I'm writing this and then I'll post it on my blogger. Maybe someone will read it and maybe someone won't but the whole point of social networking is that I have the ability to put anything I want out there, including this. Well now that I established what I believe is the point to social networking here's the point of this blog.

There are many things that some people do on social networking sites that I now consider my pet peeves:

1. Posting a new status every 5 minutes - If you really have a need to post a new status every 5 minutes maybe you're sharing to much of your life.

2. Talking sh*t about other people - Pretty self explanatory but its mostly annoying if you post something about someone and you don't have them as a friend (or follower) and they can't see it. If you've got nothing nice to say you better step up and say it to there face.

3. Calling people out or starting drama - Drama anywhere is unnecessary and starting it over the Internet is silly. If you've really got an issue with someone its best to get off the computer and get face-to-face.

4. Using it as a shield - Acting tuff, talking about people or saying certain things on the Internet and not to someones face is not cool. It is not tuff, as a matter of fact it makes you look weaker, afraid, and immature. People need to deal with their problems the correct way and that does not involve the Internet.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, yet if they start on the Internet and are unreachable in person...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do enjoy your blogs, but BFF, you are constantly spelling "now" as "know."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn: I guess there are some circumstances to consider but most times my rules apply.

    Britt: OH my god, I'm always doing that. I better fix that. My grammar is horrible.

    ReplyDelete