Sunday, February 7, 2010

I wish...

I wrote this. I l.o.v.e it!! So give it up to

There are conversations in my mind
Things I wanted to say but never said
There are moments in my life
Things I could share but I keep in my head
Where it’s safe
I don’t know who I’m hiding from
Perhaps the world
Its billions of people scrutinising
Pointing fingers, making judgments
Taking stock
Perhaps you
Your uncanny ability to make me hurt
With one word, or no words
Your opinion matters
Or maybe I’m just hiding from myself
A girl inside a world inside her head
Wishing she was somewhere else instead
Hiding from her truth and the things she never said
Because let’s face it
Behind optimistic smiles
There’s a dead heart and regret
Behind laughing eyes
There’s a different story waiting to be told
Hidden in the multitude of holes
That make up who I am.

1 comment: