Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So I finally heard back from Polyphony HS...

about this piece. I'm not sure if I posted it here before but I'm not gonna go searching through my history so here it is again.

A One Man Audience

The sun has set and the moon and stars have taken their place in the dark night sky. I lay cuddled in bed with blankets and close my eyes to drift off to sleep. As I drift away a whole new world opens up to me. From the black vastness comes light filled with magical stories of sparkling vampires, spell casting wizards and trips across the sea. The sights that fill my head rarely remain the same, each time I close my eyes a new experience awaits me. Tonight I am a princess in a land far away ruled by my father to be handed down to me, while other nights have not been so sweet. My head filled with scary thoughts of fire breathing dragons or being swallowed whole by giant fish of the sea but in the end the dreams are just dreams and the next morning I am always set free. I open my eyes and stretch from my position to the sound of my beeping alarm. Now the moon has set and the stars have gone, the sun is out and today is another day to be awake and breathing.

So apparently it was "a little cliché, has great potential," and obviously I made lots of grammar mistakes because I'm the bad grammar queen and they said a bunch of other stuff but I'll leave that out. They said I should revise and send it back in. Not sure if I'm gonna do it, but if any of you out there have any more comments let meh know. Cause I like improving on my writing even if it's not for a booky thing.

Love from bloggy land,
Ka'u

No comments:

Post a Comment